Home AOMEI Products Support

Reboot and Select proper Boot device

I did a clone of a 120GB drive I want to move to a 1tb drive.  On attempt to boot(after disconnecting the original) it gives the the error in the title.

So i looked on this forum, and it says it may not work, and I need to backup the partition or disk and restor it to the new drive.  The problem is, the disk is near full so I need to put the backup to the new drive.  I can't then write it to the new drive as it says it can't on the same drive.  Is this problem not solvable using aomei backup?

Comments

• So I got an external drive and did the backup option.  This took a long time, and when i cloned it back to the new drive, it didn't work.  Now I get a messae sayign there is an error with the drive and i should press CTRL+ALT+DEL.  I'm guessin this software can't do what it claims at this point.  I will move to other software.

• edited December 2013

Hello Splatter,

We are so sorry for all the inconvenience you encountered. Yes, currently the clone feature of AOMEI Backupper don't guarantee the cloned
    drive to be bootable. So it's better to use this feature for the
    purpose of backing up data.

As for the last attempt, you got an external drive. Could you please tell us what are the steps you tried to replace your system disk?

In your case, if you are a windows home user, you can use Migrate OS function of Partition Assistant Standard Edition (freeware) to replace your system disk.

Best Regards,

AOMEI Support Team