Home AOMEI Products Support

Cloning system to USB external disk-win 8.1.

edited February 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

Hi,

I'm running AOMEI standard ver. 2.2 and win 8.1. and would like to clone my internal SSD 128 GB disk to an external WD HDD disk.  Purpose: Change my internal SSD disk to a bigger one and then clone back from HDD to new SSD disk. I succeeded to unlock System Cloning, but when I try to start cloning, I get the message: " It does not support to clone system to an USB external drive". Is that correct that I cannot clone to an external disk and how do I then solve my task?

Regards

Sverre

Comments

• Hi and thank you for answer.

I see the possibilty to make a system backup and restore, but I still don't understand why Aomei has given the possiblity to clone system (in addition to disk and participation cloning), when it does not support an external enclosure connected via USB. This is exactly what I try, to clone internal system disk to an external Western digital, using USB 3.

(Please forgive me if I use wrong terms in English and cause misunderstanding)

Regards

Sverre

• Hi again,

I have tried a 500 GB and a 1TB disk, type SATA. The internal source is an SSD 128 GB.

Sverre

• Hi again,

Yes I've made a bootable memory stick and burned a disc to try it out.

Menu: "Create bootable media".

Still I wonder why Aomei makes the choice "Clone system" available and then says that the USB connection is not supported. As I have two internal drives, one for programs and one for data, I don't see the point of cloning system to one of the internal drives before I change the SSD it into a bigger one.

Regards

Sverre

Regards

Sverre