Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

What enhancements and improvements would you like us to do in the future upgrades?

Hi guys,

If you find any bugs in our products,

If you have any new feature requests,

If you feel that we need to strengthen some features which have been added in the products,

please post them here. Any suggestions or thoughts are welcome!

We will collect them, and fix the urgent bugs and add the most popular features in later upgrades. 

Come on, let us know your thoughts!

In addition,  we will sort out the valuable points at regular intervals, and to show our gratitude, we will provide AOMEI Backupper Pro + lifetime upgrades as a gift to some of you.

Comments

• Hi, just bought AB and I am impressed, but a feature that would be useful, especially going from a HD to an SSD where very often you are downsizing the capacity for speed, is being able to shrink the image partition. This is done on my current ShadowProtect Desktop by mounting the image as writeable, then shrink the size of the partiion (assuming the drive was not full and there is free space), save the image and restore that to the new SSD.

• Maybe it depends on the field of use but here are my top 4 improvement whishes from a smb point of view:

1. A backup scheme that continuously keeps an amount of n backups / n days of backups! That should be realized very easy for differential backups. For incremental there are enough algorithms on the web.

2. The backup integrity check has to be a global option for every backup.

3.  A simple human readable log file per backup with essential information (start backup, stop backup, start integrity check, stop integrity check, mail sent status, exit status). The current logs are not really useful or evaluable for an user.

4. All features MUST be available thru one or more command line tool(s) for scripting purposes. Additionally, I don't know how deep others are familiar with the current command line tool but the options and parameters are... lets say... somewhat I wouldn't call intuitive.

Regards

tobias

• Hi, i am a proud user ( Technician / Enterprise Version ).

One suggestion :  Sometime backups fail, because the target is unavailable ( drive letter stuff etc.  ) .  The program tells that the image cannot be found.. at least, it shoudl tell use WHERE it looked for , or allow entry of e a new target with the EXISTING definition, instead of recreating the whole. Especially as we need to run through taskplanner and for each Job need to assign a different USER under which it will run instead of logged on user. 

Another suggestion:

Have a global BACKUP template in the company to be loaded for new backups..  

Another , in addition :

Define a (global) backup USER Account (AD)  , and Password which the program will run under by Task Scheduler instead of the user who is logged on...  

• With the PE builder -

- Advise those downloading it, that they should use a 32bit system to install the program, and to create the PE ISO

(using a 64bit W7 OS is causing errors, described in a recent thread "AOMEI PE boots then BSOD's")

- When using the PE, it would be nice if you could save a small file to the hard drive, that will remember preferences.

For example W7 is a real pain for networking.

If we use your PE and change the default home group to MSHOME, which should then allow networking to XP machines, Windows asks for reboot to complete the change to 'MSHOME'.

HOWEVER after the reboot your PE does not remember to use 'MSHOME'

Hope these suggestions are taken as constructive

I love the concept of your PE, and what it is offering,

Rob

• - please make the application window(s) resizable.

- Implement the folder exlusion request

- make a more Remote Desktop friendly UI

- shrink the shortcuts name to AOMEI Backupper / AOMEI Backupper Pro (without version ID blah blah)

- put a space character in the Mail report subject between computer name and the event.

Bad: "HomePC(succecss)", Good: "HomePC (Success)"

- Implement "Run whether user is logged on or not" functionality for the task scheduler

- Some Win7 systems do experience a VSS event id 8194 error

• Aomei Backupper 2.5

I reported the following four problems by email on 22 April 2015, but have so far received no acknowledgement or reply:

I am using this product on a Dell Inspiron 64-bit UEFI Windows 8.1 machine,
    trying to backup and restore the entire system drive. The backup image is
    created and verified successfully. However, on restore using the WinPe boot
    disk, I encounter the following problems:

The machine fails to boot, giving a blue screen saying:

The application or operating system cannot be loaded.

File C:\Windows\System32\winload.efi is missing.

Error code 0xc0000225

Windows system repair cannot fix this problem, but on booting from Dell
    Recovery media, Dell Smart Repair does manage to fix it. I notice also on
    booting that the F12 UEFI BIOS boot menu entries have been resequenced, putting
    Windows Boot Manager at the bottom of the list. This itself causes further
    problems, as on completion of the repair, the Dell Recovery drive reboots
    endlessly, forcing me to switch the machine off, detach the drive, and
    resequence the boot menu entries.

When I finally get the machine working, I find that the Windows PBR Image
    partition has been restored with a smaller size than it had originally. The
    original size of the partition given by Bootice is 15484336 sectors (7742168
    KB). The restored size is 15482288 sectors (7741144 KB). The smaller size gives
    problems when I try and restore the original partition from Clonezilla.

The Linux legacy recovery disk will not boot. On creating several copies of
    the .iso image, I get a consistent SHA256 checksum

900ad0da73c42e596175c2c625e29127a84725a2a3fd85f7ec94c8ccd4484205
    *amlnx.iso

I write and verify the CD with ImgBurn 2.5.8.0, and then create another
    .iso image from the physical disk. That image also has the same checksum.

I now add two new suggestions:

At present when a full drive or multi-partition backup has been made, there are only two options on restore - either restore all partitions or restore just one. It would be an improvement to allow restore of any number of selected partitions.

Occasionally there is a pause before a backup starts. If the 'Verify' option is ticked too early, no verification takes place. I feel it would be better to set this on the backup options screen.

• - Queue multiple blackups so they are executed after each other.

- remember licensig information on update

• I agree to most of this wishes ...
    Also we still need an option to implement "run before" and "run after" tasks to be executed before and/or after the backup.

f.e.

before -> stop an sql-server before backing up the db-folders

after -> restart sql-server

most recent:

- change install path, to f.e. "AOMEI-Backupper" because the ending version number crashes all scheduled tasks after an update!

- entering the serial after each update is not very usable

btw: I think all these "improvements" are easier to apply to an update than completely new functions like "file sync" ...

• Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your precious and valuable suggestions and the problems you guys point out. I will collect them and forward to our development team. Thank you!!!image

• Need the ability to schedule a full backup after x number of incremental or differential backups for a true backup plan

• Dear Aomei Crew,

I hope you can/will implement in your future versions of Backupper the possibility to see which of the backupped files are the different ones, when you activate the "Check the backup on it's completion" option.

For now it only says that it doesn't match as you know yourselfs .. so for now it's impossible for the user to find out, why the backup is different from the original.

If this suggestion/question is already asked before then please ignore this request.

Keep up the good work, your all doing a fantastic job with Backupper.

I hope to get a reply back from you.

Sincerely yours

Hanzo.

• FIX the PE-creation on WIN 2008 R2 -> unable to create an ISO, an USB or a CD/DVD

ADD all local SATA/SCSI drivers directly into the PE Environment -> so it's safe, that the PE created on this machine will be able to restore the image

change default restore routine to PE -> the linux version didn't recognize most of our SATA/SCSI controllers, so no hard drive is found and we always need the PE-CD/PE-USB to recover a backup. That's not usable for external locations.

• In addition to my first suggestions I also want to mention that AB should be able to handle partitions encrypted by the most common encryption software. (e.g. truecrypt, diskcryptor). 

As we know AB can backup those but can't read them anymore.

Encryption software itself usually should not be the problem while I suspect that AB has a lack by design with mounting/restoring those partitions. After performing a backup the backup itself ist generally unencrypted so why has AB problems to handle those ones?

Build in Windows Backup - for example - has no problems to mount/restore initially encrypted partitions.

• Deployment feature image

• Implement "Run whether user is logged on or not" functionality for the task scheduler

Implement "run before" and "run after" tasks to be executed before and/or after the backup

Correct SMTP-notifications to internal SMTP-servers without the need for SSL or whatever encryption

• As DiWi states above, to run wether user is logged on or off is pretty essential for server environment.

Although in technician version Aomei's own servers smtp works now, internal smtp server doesn't!

• Here are some further wishes ...

1) Implement "Run whether user is logged on or not" functionality for the task scheduler

2) Implement "run before" and "run after" tasks to be executed before and/or after the backup

3) Correct SMTP-notifications to internal SMTP-servers without the need for SSL or whatever encryption

4) When scheduling backup jobs, specifically incremental jobs, it would be nice, if one could tell AOMEI, when the schedule should effectively start, i.e. when the first full backup of an incremental backup should begin

If AOMEI would include those features and if they would work, then AOMEI could be a real alternative to their competitors, otherwise NO !!!

• As EDIT of older posts is not possible, here my correction ...

Wishes for AOMEI Backupper ...

1) Implement "Run whether user is logged on or not" functionality for the task scheduler

2) Implement "run before" and "run after" tasks to be executed before and/or after the backup with abilities how long to wait

3) Correct SMTP-notifications to internal SMTP-servers without the need for SSL or whatever encryption

4)
    When scheduling backup jobs, specifically incremental jobs, it would be
    nice, if one could tell AOMEI Backupper, when the schedule should effectively
    start, i.e. when the first full backup of an incremental backup should
    begin. That's not possible now and quite annoying.

If AOMEI would include those features and if they
    would really work without bugs, then AOMEI could be a real alternative to their
    competitors, otherwise NO !!!

• Bugs we have found in Aomei Backupper 2.8 (we use the Technician variant), which are really annoying...

1) Internal SMTP notifications cannot be used (FAILS)

2) A job cannot be scheduled to the Windows Task Scheduler

3) Disk Management is unable to purge old backup data before the next full backup job starts

• Add something like Macrium's Rapid Data Restore functionality.  This is a superior way of doing fast restores.  Fix slow incremental backups!  Compared to several other products, the incremental backups are slow because of comparison before job starts.  This is an old problem that I thought backup software companies had figured out long ago.  I tested myself and got the same results as in this review:

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/10-commercial-disk-imaging-software-features-and-backuprestore-speed-comparison/2/

• It would be great if Aomei kept the names of the folders that are
    being backed up rather than having the Task Name being applied to every
    folder that is backed up.  For example, if the task name is My Backup,
    and I'm backing up a folder or multiple folders with names (e.g.,
    Brooklyn Bridge; Statue of Liberty, etc.), the resulting backed up
    folders are named My Backup1, My Backup2, etc.  This is useless because
    it loses the original name of the folder and hence cannot tell what is
    in the folder from the backed up name.

The compression amount for both the "normal" and "high" don't appear to compress very much at all. A stronger compression ability for folders would be great.

Thanks for your consideration.

David

• I am stunned to learn that Backupper does not faithfully restore factory recover partitions. And despite this massive deficiency, I have never seen a warning to that effect in Backupper. Not only does the boot hotkey not work, making the FRP "Active" does not boot it either. A factory reset on a Backupper-restored drive appears to be impossible.

• Backupper 3.0 is released ... and I'm still missing the option to backup to an ftp server ;(

• Please try and fix this issue when trying to restore an Image.

I am about to try this fix one more time (Windows 8.1 Pro) taken from

http://www.aomeitech.com/forum/discussion/1324#Item_3  

CMD> bootrec/scanos
                CMD> bootrec/rebuildbcd
                CMD>bootrec /fixmbr
                CMD>bootrec /fixboot

• I'd like to see some built-in tool for offsite replication and performing offsite verification and consolidation of incremental backups.

• I was very pleased to be able to create a uefi bootable usb flash drive with your software installed.

I was trying to backup an acer windows 10 tablet computer but unfortunately could not use the backup software because there was no touchscreen support.

it would be brilliant if you could adapt the software to support touchscreens.

Thanks for a great product

• Hello again,

I did notice when making bootable media for non efi system that the media would not boot from USB drive which was created by Backupper 3.1 which was formatted in NTFS. My workaround was to create an ISO and use PowerISO to write the product to the USB drive. Worked fine after this.

Just saying

• edited August 2015

Hi, Admin/ Developer Team. I'm just a newbie user of your application which is AOMEI OneKey Recovery. I tried the functionality of it, creating recovery image partition, try to restore using the created recovery image and it worked like a charm, however, I think that it would be better if you add a security features when restoring an image from the partition so that even the end-users knows the key (A or F11) on how to run this AOMEI OneKey Recovery still they cannot perform the recovery, this is to prevent unexpected scenario unless  they know the password. I am hoping for your kind consideration and looking forward to add this feature in free version of AOMEI OneKey Recovery. Thanks!

• maxmax
    edited August 2015

Id like someone to acknowledge my post at

http://www.aomeitech.com/forum/discussion/1393/backupper-pro-wiped-my-backup-drive-without-asking-w7x64-raid0-with-separate-physical-backup-disk-#Item_2

and respond to what I consider a glaring, blinding problem. I'm still using Aomei BkPro, but I can't commit 100% without some assurance the problem is on your list. For what it's worth, I may not have made clear that the single disk used for backup is an older ATA and shows up as disk 0, while the raid array shows up as disk 1.

Thank you for your consideration. ~Max

• maxmax
    edited August 2015

Id like someone to acknowledge my post at

http://www.aomeitech.com/forum/discussion/1393/backupper-pro-wiped-my-backup-drive-without-asking-w7x64-raid0-with-separate-physical-backup-disk-/p1

and
    respond to what I consider a glaring, blinding problem. I'm still using
    Aomei BkPro, but I can't commit 100% without some assurance the problem
    is on your list. For what it's worth, I may not have made clear that
    the single disk used for backup is an older ATA and shows up as disk 0,
    while the raid array shows up as disk 1.

Thank you for your consideration. ~Max