Home AOMEI Products Support

File/Folder syncronisation fails - Files in use

PPPPPP
edited September 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello,

I'm trying to sync multiple folders from my computer with a externe USB device. Everything worked as it should during the first, second and third sync. Now I'm getting always a "Files in User" error while syncing. Even if i havn't start any programm and my system is completly fresh started.

System: Windows 10 x64 (anniversary update)

Program: Aomei Backupper v3.5

I'm not sure if it's maybe not working because the anniversary update or because i updated from v3.4 to v3.5. I recreated the sync task after the update (from aomei) and the first, second and third time every went well. Has someone any suggestions to fix this issue?

Greetings PPP

Comments

• Please try to set another new syna task to see if you have the same problem, If yes, please tell us. And also we will test it.

• Ok, i created a new task and deleted the old one. First sync and second sync went fine. We will see what will happend in a few days. This win10 update was to early for everyone...

• Hello,

after a few syncs the error is back again.

Some more details:

- It always occures while creating snapshots of the files

- The files seems to be all located on the external USB device (which is the target)

- Everytime different files are causing the error (pdfs, jpgs, docx, xls ...)

- There are also files listed which have a "folder" icon or simple "file" icon but no name (more than 100)

- Some of these folders have names i havn't used (chinese/japanese letters or letters which are normally not allowed for windows folders e.g ascii █ or utf ☐☐)

- Some folder names / the folder structure is very "long" => these files seems to be listed more often in the files-in-use list; is there a limit of the length? (../../.../...)

- I'm using german ÖÄÜ letters and blanks in may folder names

- The first few syncs always went well

- If I check the files with the program "Unlocker", it says that there are no active locks.

- The USB device is using a exFat file system

Greeting PPP

• OK, we get it. Thanks for your feedback. We will test it and fix it in the next new version.

• Problem still exists 5/12/2017

• I also have this problem when backing up files (~60,000) from an internal drive to an (external) USB-drive. Similar setup as user PPP, but backup faills on every run with the error that a large number of files/folders (>1,000) with strange names I've never used.

I've also tryed to create a new backup plan but the problem persists.

As I'm not able to get sure that all is backed up properly, I don't trust the backup.

Hope for your support,

Nullpointer

• August 12   /2017

Hello Admin,

i have the same problem with an exiernal USB drive . Can you fix it ?

Thanks

• @nullpointer @fouse Can you show me which files are occupied?

• @admin:

As I dont see how to export the list, I've made a screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vn4xjcifse4y90q/Capture.PNG?dl=0

And the last log file:

AOMEI Backupper 4.0.4 log is as follows:

====================== System Information ======================

Module Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI Backupper\ABCore.exe

Product Name: Windows 10 Pro (6.2.9200.2)

Service Package: 

OS Version: 6.3

Total Memory: 32696 MB

Available Memory: 28336 MB

System Root: C:\WINDOWS

Processor Architecture: AMD64

Processor Number: 16

Current Time: 2017-8-12 16:39:53

================================================================

[0       ]vecParamLst.size()==2 return code: 0x00000000, helper.cpp(206).

[0       ]BackupLogic.cpp(127): >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Start work thread >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[2       ]::GetFileAttributesA(sCurPath) != INVALID_FILE_ATTRIBUTES return code: 0x00000000, NetworkMgr.cpp(254).

[2250    ]dwErrCode==NO_ERROR return code: 0x00000000, helper.cpp(352).

[2250    ]brwcs2wcs(pTmp, pPath, BufLength)>0 return code: 0x00000000, helper.cpp(346).

[2       ]::GetFileAttributesA(sCurPath) != INVALID_FILE_ATTRIBUTES return code: 0x00000000, NetworkMgr.cpp(254).

Backup Parameters:

MediaType             = 0

BackupType            = 0

NetWriteSpeed         = 0

EncryptLevel          = 1

SplitFileSize         = 0

NetWriteSpeed         = 0

DependencyVer         = -1

PasswordProtect       = 0

IsCheckImgAfter       = 0

IsNotBackupSub        = 0

IsNotBackupHideFile   = 0

IsNotbackupSystem     = 0

TempFolder        = C:\Users\rbros\AppData\Local\Temp\

ImgFilePath       = B:\BackUp\Files\My File Backup(1)\

[ACLCheckBackupFolderHelper, Thread] 0

[ACLCheckBackupFolderHelper, Thread] 0

Create VSS successful!

[BackupFolderCountHelper, Thread] 0

Regards,

nullpointer

• @nullpointer Please try to backup in Backupper WinPE to see if the error persists.

• Same problem.  A small number of files in the "File Sync" folder on the USB show as in use.  They were created by Backupper and nothing else is accessing the USB until I attempted the next Sync.

• Please use the latest version.

• @PeterJ

The latest version corrects the scrambled (chinese?) filesames, but the files are still marked as "in use". 

I double ckecked those files, but they are not used by another program or system. I even tried to move thos files to another drive - which worked - but afterwards other files are marked as "in use".

• @PeterJ

I was able to track down the error to files/folders which are EFS encrypted. After decryption the backup of the same files worked as expected.