Home AOMEI Products Support

Boot CD built using PE Builder 1.4 doesn't boot

I am running Windows 8.1 (x64) and tried building a boot CD using v1.4 of the PE Builder. The Builder appeared to function properly and built the ISO. I then burned the ISO to a CD and tried to boot from it.

Unfortunately, the CD did not boot properly; I wound up at a screen with an error code displayed and then, after several seconds, my machine powered down completedly (as in it shut off).  Any idea what might have happened? There are quite a few others who have tried to boot from a CD or USB flash drive without success after building an ISO with v1.4 of the Builder. Thanks!

Comments

• edited January 2015

You can use the pebuilder I made.

It is for 8.1 x64.

Just unzip it and run as admin on the .cmd file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/29azzjq9wx5jjul/AOMEIPE81X64.zip?dl=0

AOMEIPE81X64.zip

• Thank you! I downloaded, unzipped, and ran as admin.

I realize this may be obtuse but now I'm not sure what to do with the files. All I would like to do is burn a CD that will boot my 8.1 machine, but am not certain what I need to include in order to do that. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

• edited January 2015

It should have created an .iso file.

It will be called different things, depending on what os you are running, e.g.

9600.16384x64en-US_PE.iso

You can burn it to cd as an image using any isoburner. There is one built into windows, just rt click the iso and select "Burn disc image".

There is also a folder called ISO. That is what the .iso file was created from. 

You can copy the entire contents of the ISO folder onto a usb stick ( not the folder itself). You would first need to format the usb stick FAT32 or exfat using disk management.

• edited January 2015

Wow, I'm really sorry! I didn't give the .cmd file a chance to finish so I wound up with just an empty ISO folder. I ran the .cmd again and indeed an ISO was created.

I burned the ISO on a CD and gave it a shot. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

It appeared as if it was going to boot successfully, but it just failed; I saw a flash of an error screen and my machine rebooted immediately. I tried a couple of times with the same result.

Anyway, thanks for your work and help. I guess I'll just have to wait until AOMEI fixes their Builder. Hopefully, that will be in the near future because it appears that there are quite a few people for whom it does not work.

• That is very strange.

Can you post the iso up somewhere so I can find out what the problem is?

Dropbox, or onedrive etc will do.

I have tested it on en-us and zh-cn so not sure why it didn't work for you. It has also worked fine for a few others who have used it.

I can only fix it if I can identify the problem.

• First, I would like to thank you for your effort and for responding to my post.

I ran the builder several times and burned at least 4 CDs, none of which worked. Strangely, I kept getting different sizes for the ISOs, so I gave up and deleted the ISOs and the rest of the files.

Now, in order to post an ISO, I would have to go through the entire process again and, frankly, I don't think it will be of much use considering I'm getting different results each time I run the .cmd file.

Once again, thanks for your time and effort. Hopefully, AOMEI will rectify whatever is wrong with their Builder somewhere down the line. At that point, I'll give it another shot.