Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

Help please with error 4101

I purchased a new Synology NAS specifically for backups of my 4 PCs only. AOMEI has been recommended to me, so I downloaded and installed it on the first PC to back up. It is version 2 "Standard".

I successfully did a System Backup to the NAS drive using an already created folder named for the PC concerned. Fine and dandy, but i also have two other non-system partitions to backup.

When I went on to try to backup these two other Partition Backups, it created a folder ("My Backup"), says it is writing the first few Mb, gets to 96Mb, then fails "4101".

I've seen your stock reply to 4101, i.e.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As for this error, please check the suggestions:

1.      Verify you have sufficientprivileges to write to the location.

2.      Verify the destination can beaccessed in Windows.

3.      Try to back up to a localdevice if it fails to write to an external drive or network destination.

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know. 

Best Regards,

Kim

--------------------------------------------------------------

However, those don't help and don't answer or solve the problem, so I'm stuck until you can get back to me. I say this because:

1. The privileges are correct --  it creates the folder within the NAS folder, and of course successfully wrote the entire System Backup just before.

2. The destination is visible, readable and writable  in Windows Explorer.

3. I don't have enough space anywhere else.

I bought this 8Tb Synology NAS drive explicitly for doing these backups, but AOMEI won't do them!

I don't mind upgrading to the Pro version if that is necessary, but I see that only covers 2 PCs and I have 4 to backup (they are in a Network driving my flight simulator) plus a Notebook. In any case, if the free version can successfully create a System Backup, and create the folder for a partition backup, why can't it actually then do the backup? It makes no sense!

Please help!

BTW How do I mark this thread so I get notification when a reply occurs? Or if you want to email me about anything, use [email protected].

Regards

Pete Dowson

Comments

• Hi Pete,

We are so sorry for the problem you encountered this time. First, good news is that we did some improvements to avoid this error in the next version and it will be released in a few days. Please visite our site to check the updates at that time.

Second, I want to clarify what other reasons could cause this error. The reasons may be that the IP address changed if you backup to NAS or the path of directory where you save the backup file changed. 

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• Thank you. I hope it does fix the problem. Currently, to get around the problem, I am having to map the NAS box folders as drives in Windows Explorer, and backing up as if they are local, not NAS. This is not very convenient, and I worry about how that could work if I ever need to restore the system from a recovery CD.

This brings me on to asking about Network / NAS support on the recovery disk. Can I assume, without trying it, that I will be able to boot up and restore from a Disk Backup on a NAS drive?

On your point about IP addresses, I use fixed IPs on all my PCs and devices, so that's not a cause of my reported problem at all.

Regards

Pete 

• Hi Pete,

The recovery CD of AOMEI Backupper is able to restore your backup from NAS, please follow the restore steps and locate your backup file on NAS, after that, start restoring.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team