Home AOMEI Products Support

A few urgent newbee questions about Backupper

1. I noticed Backupper Free installs in "Program Files (x86)" on my 64-bit Windows system. Is there no 64bit version of Aomei Backupper?

(I used a 32-bit WIndows PC to download Backupper Free, because my 64-bit has no internet connection. Can this be the cause?)

2. Is there a way to see what version of Backupper was used to create a image?

3. I created USB-bootmedia succesfully before on my 64-bit system. Now it keeps failing. Could it be Backupper 32-bit is installed and used to create the USBmedia?

4. If I created USB Bootmedia using Backupper 32-bit. To backup 64-bit Windows/GPT disk. Will this image correctly

restore?

(I did create USB media succesfully and create an image of my 64-bit Windows/GPT disk successfully with that BootUSB. But not sure which version of Backupper was used)

Comments

• 1. There is no 64 bit version of AOMEI Backupper.

2. We only have 32 bit version.

3. What's the error message?

4. Yes.

• edited April 2017

3. It only said something like "Creation of USBmedia failed - look at FAQ for solution". I tried different USB-sticks.

However. I did install Paragon Backup-Restore program before and it needed to install additional MS-NET 4.5 x64 software for it to work, where Aomei Backupper did not need tthat. After deinstall of Paragon software it did not remove the .NET-software. Could this be the problem?

Or perhaps I changed a BIOS setting, like Legacy support on/off?

Or perhaps some USB-sticks not allow from being used as Bootmedia? (which seems quite silly)

Occasionally the creation of USBmedia "succeeds". But the USBstick will be non-readable and windows gives popup saying it needs to be formatted..

• Is it a GPT disk?

• edited April 2017

Yes it is, why?

I wonder how I managed to create the USB-media before. Because I did and already used it to create two inages. Except now the USBmedia fails to create properly.

• Did you enable the UEFI boot mode?

• What do you mean, where to set that option?

• In BIOS.