Home AOMEI Products Support

Incremental Backups Fail

edited September 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

The full backup of the files selected completed sucessfully.  The check backup integrity phase was sucessful also.  I have the scheduled incremental backup set to run daily.  On the second day the backup the backup ran for about 10 hours and failed with the following message:

Backup is initializing...

Getting the file information...

Scanning the authority files...

Calculating the total number of backup files...

Backing up the files...

Information Code:21

Not enough memory, please close and re-run the  program and try agian, or you could reboot computer and release more memory to retry.

I rebooted prior to the scheduled run on the third day and had the exact same results as above.

I'm running a new intel based desktop with 16gb of RAM and your latest version of AOMEI Backupper.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comments

• How large are the files you are backing up? If the files are very large, we suggest that you use Partition Backup to back up the files. 

• Not of the files are very large, but I do have a lot of files.  Most of them are small.  Less than 1 MB.  I want to be able to do a daily incremental backup of just my data files.  I don't believe I can do that with Partition Backup.

Thanks.

• Hi, Any fix to the above issue ?

• edited July 2017

If it is doing the incremental backup and there are many incremental backup versions made, please run a full backup one time and then continue to do the incremental backup.